Certification is designed for those practitioners who intend to practice Bowenwork® professionally although not required. The basic certification standard is uniform throughout most of the world with additional requirements in the USA and Australia. The Bowtech procedures are taught in seven modules, each 16 classroom hours long. The modules must be taken in sequence because each one reviews and builds on what was taught previously. These modules are generally taught in two consecutive days each, over a period of six months or more, a maximum of two modules can be taught back-to-back.
Each Mod consists primarily of hands on training. Learning through demonstration, practice, case studies, and practicing hours between each Mod classes. In these classes you will learn the anatomical landmarks, explanation of not only the procedure, but the indications for use. Manuals with detailed notes, drawings, photographs and clear descriptions are included.
- Mod 1: The Bowenwork Move, Lower Back Procedure, Upper Back Procedure, Neck Procedure, Kidney Procedure, Head Procedure, Working with a Client
- Mod 2: Respiratory Procedure, Shoulder Procedure (with and without an Assistant) Hamstring Procedure, Cramp Procedure
- Mod 3: Pelvic Procedure, Elbow/Wrist Procedure, Sacral Procedure, Knee Procedure
- Mod 4: Ankle Procedure (with strapping), Upper Respiratory/TMJ Procedure Bowenwork Seated, Procedures for Babies and Children, Hammer Toe Procedure (with strapping), Bunion Procedure Tom Bowen’s Home Remedies
- Mod 5: Coccyx Procedure, North Procedure (shoulder), East Procedure, (shoulder), South Procedure (shoulder) West Procedure, (shoulder), Gall Bladder Procedure, Chest Procedure
- Mod 6: 5A & 7A Medially Procedure (hamstring), Bursitis Procedure, Recommendations to Assist Conception, Perineal Procedure, Bedwetting Procedure, Thoracic Procedure, Ossie’s Recommendations
- Mod 7: A two day testing module. Attending a review class is very helpful prior to taking Mod 7.
After completion of Mod 7 and requirements in becoming a Professional Bowenwork Practitioner, the annual fee will not only connect you with Bowenwork Academy of Australia’s internal web site and access to all information and data, you will be included in a listing on Bowenwork.com an excellent referral source.
American Bowenwork Academy is approved for continuing education credits by:
NCBTMB, Ca Board of RN, American OT Assoc, Bof Naturpathic Oregon
Don’t hesitate to call or email with any questions.